Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Photo Gallery


I've finally settled on a photo gallery for my website. After wrestling with Lightbox 2 for a few days, I've decided for speeds-sake to take a different route. I really like the look and animation of Lightbox, but the problem lies with internet explorer.
IE has weird things built into it with how it reacts to scripts, Microsoft's answer to this is not fixing it, but making people jump through hoops themselves. While Firefox, Safari and other browsers are far superior to Explorer, they are not the primary browsers. Which to me seems like most people using the outhouse to take a dump in the winter even though you have indoor plumbing just because thats what most people do.
Browser wars aside, I've decided to use a flash-based gallery called Banana which seems to be rooted in JAlbum. JAlbum.net is a fantastic site for open source image galleries. I found one I liked in minutes. I also looked at Photoshops gallery creators, but decided to stay as close to the open source as possible. I'm now going to get all my galleries going.

Quick Linker